|Born||c. 207 HE|
|Rogue Position||Chief Advisor/Personal Guard (243 - 247 HE)|
|Affiliation||Court of the Rogue|
|Tortallan Universe character|
Torcall Jupp, sometimes nicknamed Tor, (b. around 207 HE) was of eastern descent. He had a good education and his family presumably came from the trading class in Barzun. By 247 HE, along with Zolaika he was the chief advisor and the older one of the guards of the Rogue of Port Caynn, Pearl Skinner. He had had this position since she came into power in 243 HE. Jupp was armed with a longsword. Torcall was not hotheaded, unlike Jurji. He wasn't interested in women but only in male prostitutes. Jupp's loyalities changed, however, in 247 HE. Then he had "had enough of Pearl's disasters". When Rebakah Cooper and Clara Goodwin arrived in Port Caynn he realized that they were there for other reasons than they claimed. He decided to leave Pearl once the Provost's Guard raided her Riverside Court and Pearl fled, seeing his change to get away from her alive. Pearl set Jupp and two other men up to wait for any pursuers and stop them from following her. When Beka and Achoo came Jupp sided with Beka in getting rid of the two other men. He also helped her by giving her one of Pearl's pearl teeth as scent for Achoo.
Jupp had golden brown hair, which he wore cropped two inches short, and light blue eyes. Jupp's beard had silver strands. He was approximately as tall as Dale Rowan and had broader shoulders. Even when he was unarmed he was stern and dangerous-looking.
Notes and References
- Bloodhound, September 16, 247 I (p. 270; Random House hardcover)
- Bloodhound, September 16, 247 I (p. 271; Random House hardcover)
- Bloodhound, September 15, 247 (p. 226; Random House hardcover)
- Bloodhound, September 16, 247 I (p. 259; Random House hardcover)
- Bloodhound, September 24, 247 (p. 490; Random House hardcover)
- Bloodhound, September 17, 247 I (p. 318; Random House hardcover)