|Years of Service|
|Tortallan Universe character|
- Goodwin: "My lord, is there no one else to send? Already my Tomlan speaks of the gatherings he will hold while I am gone from the house. He is threatening to have the plaster newly painted indoors before winter sets in. [...]"
- Gershom: "[...] If you are worried that you will be distracted, I can have Master Goodwin locked up."
- Goodwin: "No, thank you. He will only amuse the Rats with his wild tales, and hire them to work in his carpentry shop when he gets out. Too friendly by far, my Tomlan."
- — Goodwin and Lord Gershom the day before Goodwin and Beka left for Port Caynn[src]
Tomlan "Tom" Goodwin was the husband of Clara Goodwin and a master carpenter. In contrast to his wife he was easygoing.
His hair was brown, although greying on the sides. Tom had a broad countryman's face and bright blue eyes, which seemed to be filled with humor. He had always a smile on his mouth and was solid built due to his work.
He was also very caring and could cook well. Even Ahuda liked his cooking. Tom wouldn't let his wife go on a half-day journey by riverboat withoug packing her and Beka a basket with food. Tom liked seafood. Goodwin complained that Tom snored and left his clothes on the floor. However, she was also very fond of him. Tom was friendly to everyone, greeting Achoo with as much enthusiasm as he showed everyone else, when he met the hound for the first time, and Goodwin wouldn't even put it past him to make friends in the cages. She also mentioned that he couldn't be trusted with doing the shopping because his friendliness supposedly made it easy for people to cheat on him.
Notes and references
- ↑ Terrier, May 10, 246 (p. 496; Random House paperback)
- ↑ Bloodhound, September 14, 247 (p. 161; Random House hardcover)
- ↑ Bloodhound, September 16, 247 I (p. 242)
- ↑ Bloodhound, September 12, 247 (p. 127; Random House hardcover)