|Tempests and Slaughter|
|A Novel of the Tortallan Universe|
|Antagonist||Ozorne Tasikhe (expected antagonist)|
|Release Date||February 6th, 2018|
|UK Release Date|
|Series||The Numair Chronicles|
Tempests and Slaughter, originally titled The Gift of Power for a time, is the first installment of the Numair Chronicles trilogy written by Tamora Pierce. The book takes place around twenty years before Wild Magic, the first book of The Immortals quartet. It shows a young Numair Salmalín, born as Arram Draper, while learning magic at the Imperial University of Carthak. It also follows his interactions with his later sworn enemy, Ozorne Tasikhe.
"In which we learn of Numair's last years at the university of Carthak, the beginning of his conflict with the newly-made Emperor Ozorne (Numair's best friend), his quick departure from Carthak, and how he survives afterward."
- Lindhall Reed
- Ilom Chioké, Ozorne's personal instructor for battle magic
- Cosmas, headmaster and instructor and the School for Mages
- Sebo, instructor at the School for Mages
- Tristan Denane
- Gissa of Rachne
- Mesaraz Tasikhe, Emperor of Carthak during the 430s
- Mikrom Tasikhe, 1st in line for the throne
- Stiloit Tasikhe, 2nd in line for the throne
- Mahira Tasikhe, mother of Ozorne
- Apodan Tasikhe †, late father of Ozorne
- ""I thought folks would like to know I *finally* have a title, approved by Random House Marketing, for Arram#1: TEMPESTS AND SLAUGHTER. Now I gotta go write and live up to it!""
- —FACEBOOK: TAMORA PIERCE, FANTASY AUTHOR; Nov 10th, 2016
"At the moment GIFT is scheduled for spring 2017. That may change, since I've just gone from a duet to a trilogy, but it will still be 2017. I will be apologizing for this for a while, but Numair's younger life was so complicated!"
Notes and references
- ↑ On her official facebook, Tammy stated the new title for the book in a post made on November 10th, 2016.
- ↑ https://www.reddit.com/r/Fantasy/comments/3lw4b6/tamora_pierce_fantasy_writer/