RE: i would love to help! Edit
First of all I'm glad you found this site and want to help. Every help is appreciated. I see you have already done some improvements.
As for recommendations: I've noticed that generally the articles focusing on the Daughter of the Lioness series are in need of expansion. Spontaneously the article about Mequen Balitang comes to my mind. There's no information on his personality and not very much for the rest, either. So if you could think of anything that should be added there, this would be great. I'll let you know if I think of anything else.
Some general tips where you can find articles that need work:
- Tamora_Pierce_Wiki:To_do: Our to-do list. You can find it easily in the top navigation, the second entry when you hover over "Community". There are some articles listed that others think need help and why.
- Tamora_Pierce_Wiki:Community_Portal: This site's "Community Portal" can be accessed by clicking on the link titled "Community" in the top navigation. At the moment it's simply a collection of useful links. The second section on that page lists some useful other pages, where you can find articles in need. Particularly helpful might be the link the the Category:Stubs, which consits of short articles that others think need expansion.
I hope those tips are helpful for you. Sadly I can't be as active at the moment as I used to be, because college is keeping me busy, but be assured that I'm around and if you need any further help I'll do my best to solve any problems.
- Please excuse the delay of this answer. I've read your latest message on my talk page some time ago but got distracted before answering and later I forgot. I've just remembered it and had time for it now. You seem to have gotten on well all the same and it seems as though you've found out yourself by now how to create articles. If you are interested in which articles are missing, the page Special:WantedPages might help.
- By the way, I've just noticed that you've created an article now for Spot as well as for Secret. As both refer to the same "person", it might be better to have one article and have the second redirect to it (you can do this with the code #REDIRECT [[NAME OF THE ARTICLE YOU ARE REDIRECTING TO]] as the only content of the redirecting page) and explain about the two names on the remaining article. I'll do this for the two articles mentioned above (I will redirect the newer article "Spot" to "Secret"), so you'll have a change to see how it's done.
RE: redirecting pages???? Edit
You can find a detailed description of redirects at Help Wikia. Redirects are nothing one needs too often, on this wiki in particular there are already many redirects, so the most important ones should already be in place. If the help page I pointed out doesn't anser your questions on the topic to your satisfaction, just ask again and I'll try my best to solve the problems you still have with it.
I myself have made the experience that it's always best to look at examples, so I'll give you one: As I said in my previous message I redirected Spot to Secret. You'll see the code I used for it by clicking on the link for Spot, which will open the page about Secret with a small link under the title, explaining about the redirect. When you click on that link you'll get to the actual page "Spot", the redirect-page, and can see the used code for yourself by clicking on the edit-button.
If you think there needs to be a redirect and haven't figured it quite out yet I'd be happy to do it for you, just let me know. Considering the "learning-by-doing"-principle is the best way to get things figured out, you could also just try it and if it's not right, that's no problem at all. All things can be undone if needed, so there wouldn't be anything "broken" if it failed. I hope the things I wrote above make sense, because honestly I can't guarantee for anything right now, because it's getting late around here and I'm dead tired. Just wanted to give you an answer before going to bed or I would forget about it again. So if anything doesn't make sense to you, just ask again.
Glad the WantedPages are helpful. That's what they're there for. Under Special:SpecialPages there are links to all special pages, most of them helpful for finding things to do (like pages not edited in a while or short pages).
--Salinchen 21:10, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
- Just to clarify: That message from above was written by me, I just forgot to change acounts. Another proof I should go to bed now, which I'll do. --Purzel • Talk 21:13, November 1, 2010 (UTC)
Wild Magic Edit
I was just going through some older edits and noticed you've added a cover flap summary. That's great. It would also be very helpful if you could give your source, e.g. the edition you have it from. Those summaries often vary from edition to edition, so it'll help others to know what edition that particular summary is from.
- Thanks. Proper sourcing helps finicky people like me, who look for such details, immensely. The empty headings for the other books are OK so far, I'll see if I can fill those with the text from my editions, but I can't guarantee when I'll have time for it, so it might not be before Christmas/New Year, when I have some days off.
- I'll try to make a more detailed description for redirects, but this, too, will have to wait until at least when I have some free time, because such things usually take up a lot of time. Until then you can always leave me a message with things that need redirects (if I don't notice them myself) so I can do them for you, which is much faster then long and detailed expalanations.
Regarding the new style Edit
I'm glad you like the new outfit of the site. As I pointed out in the announcement most of the work was done by Denizine.
I share your concern about the readability of the text. I had hoped that it's better now, but obviously it is still hard to read for some, like you, and I'll try to find a better solution. If you can think of any other way to improve the site (new style and other things) just let me know.
PS: I've changed the link color to a darker hue. Due to the vagueness of your message on my talk page, I'm not sure what exactly was hard to read for you. Is it better now with a darker link color? Otherwise I'll reduce the transparency some more and perhaps tinker a bit with the background color of the content area. But first I'd like to check if the easy way of darker link colors already does the trick. --Purzel • Talk 16:35, January 1, 2011 (UTC)
I can't promise I'll have much time in the near future (that's the same reason why I haven't been much editing on the wiki in the last weeks either), but I'll certainly keep it in mind and try to find time for reading it. I'll also make sure to let you know my opinion afterwards.