- Sandry: "I've been thinking. Tris has a birthday—Daja has a birthday. I have one. That leaves you."
- Briar: "You woke me to talk about birthdays?"
- Sandry: "You said you don't remember yours—"
- Briar: "I don't!"
- Sandry: " So pick one. It's not right, you having no birthday."
- Briar: "I don't need one. What I need is sleep! Summer's coming, and that means weeding. I got to rest whilst I can, and you ain't helping."
- Sandry: "Tell me you'll think about it, or I'll keep bothering you."
- Briar: "I'll think about it. Can I sleep now?"
- — Briar Moss and Sandrilene fa Toren[src]
- Tris: "Everyone knows the poor breed disease!"
- Lark: "If they could afford decent places to live, and expensive health spells, they would not be poor, then, would they? [...] No one asks to live in squalor, Tris. It is just that squalor is all that is left to them by those with money."
- — Trisana Chandler and Dedicate Lark[src]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.